How race matters in romance (x)
Responses to Black Women were far less than all races, including by their own race.
KEY FINDINGS OF THE AYI STUDY
- Men from all different races prefer a partner of another race over their own.
- Black men and women get the lowest response rates to their messages.
- Most men prefer Asian women (with the exception of Asian men).
- All women (except black women) are most drawn to white men.
- Asian women seem to most strongly favour advances from white men.
- Men are least likely to respond to ‘likes’ from black women.
- Men respond to women around there times more often than women reply to men’s messages.
Misogynoir and Asian women fetishization rampant in these results
Bottom line: it’s good to be a white man
reasons why we tell people to think critically about their race based preferences.
Speaking of movies, this is basically Inuit Beowulf.
It was written, produced, directed, and acted entirely by Inuit people. I think a lot of people might be interested in Medieval Inuit art and literature, and this is a pretty great example.
You can watch and download the entire trilogy here for free (but donate if you can!!!); Atanarjuat is the first film and takes place around 1000 A.D.-ish. It also won a LOT of awards. Keep in mind: it’s entirely in Inuktitut, with English subtitles.
(More like Beowulf is the Scandinavian Atanarjuat!)
LOL! I was merely trying to make a comparison for people so they’d kind of understand why it’s all so formal and stylized, but yeah I actually like Atanarjuat much better! It’s the kind of story that it is: epic, terse, full of drama, betrayal, magic, good versus evil, archetypal characters….it’s friggin GREAT.
The way they compiled the script and cross-checked all the versions to try and make it as accurate as possible was awesome…they actually have an interactive map so you can sort of see the geographical relations between the events in the film. (It is, of course, kind of wasted on me :P)